- His 20-under-par finish at Whistling Straits this weekend is the lowest finishing score (relative to par) in a major championship, ever.
- Day often stays in a motor home with his family when competing on Tour.
- Day improved his game by studying Golf Digest. “Golf Digest had all the old school swings, and my favorite swing, ever, was Nick Faldo’s swing. And it had all the greats, Ernie Els and Nick Faldo and all that stuff and I had the pictures of their swing sequences on my wall,” he said in 2010.
- Along with his wife, Day runs a charity named The Brighter Days Foundation, which provides support for children with chronic illness.
- Day and Tiger Woods are good friends and regularly play together.
This article was written by Christian Abbas, exclusively for ilovegolfdaily.com